Building Permits

Grant County does not issue building permits.

If you are building or renovating anywhere in Grant County, please contact the NM State Construction Industries Division (CID) in Las Cruces at (575) 524-6320. This office of CID also manages permit applications and inspections for the plumbing, mechanical, and electrical trades.

However, CID will not issue building permits until the Floodplain Development Permit Application process has been completed. Please contact the appropriate municipality or the Grant County Planning Department for more information regarding this process.