2021 Regular Local Election - November 2, 2021
Click here for Notice of Election
Click here for Election Information from the NM Secretary of State's Website
Click here to request an Absentee Ballot
Important Upcoming Dates
October 5, 2021: Absentee and Early Voting Begins at the Grant County Clerk’s Office
October 16, 2021: Early Voting Begins at the Bayard Community Center
October 30, 2021: Last Day to Vote Early
November 2, 2021: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Election Day
What is the Regular Local Election?
- The new Regular Local Election is a statewide election for non-partisan officers and local government ballot questions that will happen in November of odd-numbered years.
- Consolidating all of the state’s local elections into the Regular Local Election saves money for municipalities that opt-in and makes voting easier for eligible voters.
- The Regular Local Election creates an easier and more efficient time at the ballot box for eligible voters because there will be fewer elections on a more convenient yearly timeline.
- The Regular Local Election is new, but the voting experience will remain the same. Voters will have access to the same polling places as they usually do.
- The ballot you vote on in these elections will have races for school board members, Soil and Water Conservation District members, and municipalities. Bond questions and local mill levies might also appear on these ballots.
- To get comfortable with what you’ll be voting on, in October you can print out a sample ballot at NMVote.org to help research candidates and ballot questions in the comfort of your home.