Public Input – Community Wildfire Protection Plan
January 7, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Grant County in collaboration with municipal, state and federal land management agencies are developing a Community Wildfire Protection Plan (CWPP) to mitigate the impacts of wildfire on County residents.
What does a Community Wildfire Protection Plan do?
- Identifies areas at risk for wildland fire.
- Makes recommendations for hazardous fuels treatments.
- Prioritizes areas for wildfire mitigation funding.
- Helps identify measures to support your local fire department with wildfire response.
- Makes recommendations for actions homeowners can take to reduce fire risk.
- Asks the public to share ideas about wildfire prevention and identify community values at risk.
This open-house style meeting begins at 6:00pm
Learn about the Plan & Share your concerns
For more information please contact Grant County Planning Department at 575.574.0066
Find and follow us on Facebook to learn more: @GrantCountyCWPP