The Office of Emergency Management (OEM) is responsible for maintaining the County's All Hazard Emergency Operations Plan (AHEOP). An all-hazards approach to emergency preparedness means that planning efforts consider all types of disasters that could occur in the County. The OEM develops guidelines for emergency preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation of natural disasters, man-made incidents, and technological threats. The office serves as the liaison between the state and all local government subdivisions.
Additionally, the OEM is integrated with the Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) that is required under the provision of the Superfund and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA) Title III and as a part of the Emergency Planning and Community Right to Know Act (EPCRA).
The Mission of the Grant County Office of Emergency Management is to protect Grant County citizens and visitors through a comprehensive, coordinated all-hazard, all-threat Homeland Security and Emergency Management program that maximizes the ability of Grant County to be responsive to changing and emerging threats.
- Assist local jurisdictions with the expansion of regional collaboration to prevent, protect, respond to, and recover from a terrorist incident, disaster, or emergency.
- Assist local jurisdictions in procuring proper equipment necessary to enable response to natural disasters or terrorist incidents.
- Assist local jurisdictions in attaining training to be ready for emergencies.
- Assist local jurisdictions in implementing an exercise program to follow for local preparedness.
- Assist local jurisdictions in developing a common operating system throughout the county for response and recovery from a terrorist incident, disaster, or local emergency.
- Assist local jurisdictions in developing and enhancing statewide interoperable communications capability.
- Assist local jurisdictions in increasing public/private sector awareness and participation in emergency preparedness.
- Assist local jurisdictions in identifying and protecting critical infrastructure and key resources.